ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems
Energy costs are one of the most important factors in a company's production processes. ISO 50001 establishes the basis for the company to know how it contracts energy, how it consumes it in the various production processes, how much it affects costs, its relative position with respect to other companies in the same sector and possible improvements.
Therefore, the purpose of this standard is to provide organizations, regardless of their sector of activity or size, with a tool that allows the reduction of energy consumption, the associated financial costs and consequently the emissions of greenhouse gases In addition to effectively managing the use of natural resources and promoting energy innovation with the use of alternative and renewable energies.
The main benefits that the implementation of the Energy Management System according to ISO 50001 provides to your company can be summarized in the following points:
• It allows the Efficient Management of Energy through the optimization of its use.
• It saves energy by controlling the processes that consume it.
• It promotes the efficient consumption of energy.
• Decreases the emission of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
• It provides a framework for awareness of the proper use of energy.
• It reduces the environmental impact that the activity of the company generates in its environment and the environment in general.
• Allows the proper use of natural resources.
• Promotes innovation in energy management with the use of renewable and alternative energy sources.
• It improves the image of the company due to its commitment to the correct sustainable energy use.
• It provides a point of distinction versus competition.
• Simplifies compliance with current energy efficiency legislation.
• It reduces the impact of the company's activity on climate change.
• Reduces dependence on the provision of external energy.
• Save energy costs.